Your Profile...... and how to make it awesome!

Your profile is your little introduction and glimpse into your personality on the forum. There are a few bits that you can customise, and I’m here today to try and help understand it all… actually, I’ve wiped my profile to work through it and better understand it myself :smiley: it’s still gonna look a bit messy at the end cos I’m gonna wrk with what ever images I have on hand here… but you can go all out and size images appropriately so it looks better than mine… I’ll be doing that when I get a bit more time :smiley:

so… a bit of an overview… there are 3 main publicly viewable items, your Avatar, your User card, and your full profile.
Starting off they will look a little like this…

your avatar / profile picture will be a standard initial based off your username, so right now before I set mine it is sommit a bit boring…

Your avatar is displayed next to everypost you make, on your profile, and your user card.

your user card is a brief overview of your profile, it takes a few sections of it and displays them when someone clicks on your avatar, right now mine looks like this…

As you can see, it shows my username, real name, last post date, join date along with some badges earned , an option to message (PM / Private Message)

Your profile shows a few more things… lets check that out next…

again… boring! lets spice them all up a bit…

click your avatar in the top right corner and hit the cog in hte pop up menu… you should see sommit close to this…

Lets start setting a few things!

Full name… easy one to work out yeah? you don’t have to fill this out if you don’t wanna :smiley:
Title… this is a selection from the badges you have earned. If you have joined a Team then this may have defaulted to your team name… I’m in @TEAMDauntlessFew and proud…so I’m gonna set that as my title.

Profile picture… click the pencil icon and upload sommit you like… or use a gravatar if you have one set…

so right now my usercard looks a little like this, with profile picture / avatar and my full name and title, along with the badges…

A bit better… but I’m sure we can do some more…

Next 2 options make some big changes… the background for the profile, and the background for the usercard… lets go add them in… (remember to click save at bottom of the page)
so now we have user card…

and Profile…

so we are starting to get somewhere :smiley:

you may notice members with another logo over their avatar… this is their team flair… lets add mine back in… @TEAMDauntlessFew FTW!!! you won’t be able to add this … it’ll get added when you join a team…

The next bit is some text… a little about yourself… your location (optional) and website… got a blog on punks, help promote it here… or your facebook profile, insta, or any other website you run.This little lot appears on your profile, but not your user card… so here is my profile now…

so getting better…

next option… user card badge… this allows you to display the badge you aremost proud of in the bottom right of your usercard… I’m gonna shove my Team Dauntless Badge in here…

And that is about it for your profile appearance wise… the rest is to do with email notifications and mute settings etc… we will investigate them in another post :smiley:

Upgrading forum to 1.8.0