Want to buy: bucket seat

As above, anyone holding on to a bucket seat they wanna sell? Will consider anything that’ll fit into an mx5 as long as it’s not falling to pieces (for the passenger side so I’m not too fussed tbh). Closer to Huddersfield, West Yorkshire the better. Thanks!

Only one I’ve got spare is one of these.
https://www.motamec.com/motamec-racing-mrx-race-seat-fiberglass-shell-side-mount-black-mr2-mx5-mgf.html
Which is destined for the pickup project, but if it helps you out of a bind I’m happy to sell it to you and reorder another when they come back into stock

1 Like

Cheers mate, but I did some drunken re-foaming of mine last night and it’ll do until I can sort another. Thanks for the offer though!

Safe to say, my lass wasn’t impressed :joy:

1 Like

Hahaha awesome… I often get into the same sorta trouble :rofl::joy:

1 Like

Patching up the cover with some zebra fabric :grimacing:

1 Like

oooooo nice :smiley:
I gotta recover my elise seats at some point… you know, after welding the shell up… be interested in how you do this and how they turn out :smiley:

1 Like

Good luck man! Elise seats are really nice. I’d have no idea about doing the job properly, I just kinda guessed/bodged my cobra with some foam, some spare material and some spray glue. Might be worth trying to find a reasonably priced local trimmer if you’re not confident in recovering them yourself.

Thanks matey :smiley:

Im not too concerned about messing them up, I bought them second hand about 8 years ago… and they were a bit tatty then… and then I used them in 2 different cars for a few years (I never have roof up, so they got soaked, frozen amd generally mussed up) Then I sold them to @Frankenfive for a bit and he had them in his… then I got them back and had them in another MX5… they have done their time and we have definately had our moneys worth out of them :smiley:

I’ll give recovering them a crack and if it all goes terrible then I’ll get a pro to look at them… but they would have to be really bad for me to do that :smiley:

1 Like

Fair play mate, sounds like you’ve had your use out of them anyway!