Upgrading forum to 1.8.0

We are currently upgrading to Discourse 1.8.0… and from the discourse site this is what should be happening through out the iterations of 1.8.X… I believe the ones ticked are the ones we are getting in todays update.

:white_check_mark: Improve usability and design of password reset page.

:white_check_mark: “Get a room” reminder sent once per topic, to any user who replies to the same user in that topic 3 times in a row.

:white_check_mark: Much more secure cookie and token rotation scheme and database storage, upgrading to 1.8 is critical for improved db / cookie security

:white_check_mark: Improve usability and design of invite accept page.

“Secure email mode” site setting ensures that no content is leaked to the outside via emails when the site’s content is sensitive.

Let users select local color theme to taste (dark, light, etc)

Timed re-open (automatic re-open after cooldown period of close)

Show unread counts / line marking on vertical timeline

Allow new signups to change their email address as well as resend confirmation, in case they typoed their signup email

Congratulations emails to new users who get a number of likes by established users, and new users who read a lot of topics/posts in their first few days

Forward multiple emails to Discourse, staging unknown emails as new users and attaching matching existing users by email

Rebuild user prefs page to use subtabs

Specify email address in PM to field

Basic internal search stats in admin dashboard

Refactor topic performance to support topics with 100k posts+ without serious performance impact

Implement mini-onebox for internal links (replace with title)

Support converting pre-moderated posts to PMs

Skin tone support for emoji

Add support for “disallow all PMs to me” user setting per: https://meta.discourse.org/t/is-it-possible-to-disable-private-messaging-for-a-specific-user/46391/17?u=sam

Support for lang specific defaults for site settings

2 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand… update complete :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, that was painless!!! :joy:

2 Likes

just a nervous half hour or so while the update runs… its broken the whole forum at times… and at others it has managed to lose all the badge images… all good this time though :smiley:

Next challenge? we will be migrating to a new server sometime in the next fortnight :open_mouth:

2 Likes

@Yetidragon COOL!!! (nods, pretending to know what you just said).

How do you do that quotey thing?

2 Likes

Highlight what you wanna quote (works on puter or phone, just a bit trickier on the phone) you should get a pop up button saying “quote” hit that and it should open a reply with the quote in it :smiley:

there are a few more tips on this thread a bit outta date but I believe everything on there still works :smiley: just need to add some newer stuff

1 Like

THAT’S EASY!!! :grinning:

2 Likes

luckily most of the stuff is :smiley: its just a case of knowing it is there :smiley:

By the way… there is a badge for doing that :smiley: lols

2 Likes

EXCELLENT!!! I like badges!!!
I might have to get a set printed up to put on the Merc… :joy:

2 Likes

got quite a lot of them made up already, and we will be catching up with the rest real soon :smiley: Gimmie a nudge and we’ll bring them to the trackday with us :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll make sure there’s space on the bonnet for them!!

1 Like

I think the bonnet is big enough :smiley:

2 Likes

I should be putting a Punks sticker on it tomorrow. :grinning:

1 Like

shoulda made ya one the same size as your bonnet… or roof lol.

1 Like

Is there that much vinyl in the world?!?!?!

it might invoke a bit of a uk shortage…

1 Like

Is that so?
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

you’ve already got it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Here, all the team bits have gone off the avatars!!!

1 Like

Wait, no they haven’t.
:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

But @Yetidragons has!!!

1 Like