Punks go to Donington Historic Festival 2016 April/May Bank Holiday Weekend

“Fans of historic motorsport of all eras have a treat in store over the May Bank Holiday weekend when race cars from the 1920s to the 1990s take to the track for the Donington Historic Festival (Saturday 30th April, Sunday 1st May & Monday 2nd May).

Across 17 exhilarating races, the Donington Historic Festival will showcase some 400 world-class competition machines. Grand Prix cars and other single-seaters, Le Mans prototypes, GT cars, sportscars and Touring Cars will converge on a circuit renowned for fantastic on-track action and superb spectator viewing.

With close-fought racing every day, over 400 historic racing cars spanning seven decades, historic rally car and karting action and a ‘living motoring museum’ created by dozens of car clubs displays – plus a host of other attractions – exhilaration and entertainment is guaranteed, whether you buy a ticket for one, two or all three days!

On each day of the Festival gates open at 07.30am and the circuit activity starts at 9.10am, finishing at around 6.30pm."

Weekend timetable of racing has been released… Timetable here

When: Sat 30th April, Sunday 1st and Monday 2nd May
Where: Donington Park, Castle Donington, Derby, DE74 2RP

TICKET CUT OFF DATE
Wednesday 20th April, just over 2 weeks left.

Buy Donington Historic Festival Tickets

2014 Punks Album here

CAMPING INFO
Link to the Campsite we’ll be using here
(let us know if youre camping, we’ll book the space at the camp site for you, pay on arrival)

There will be racing
There may be sunshine
There will be static displays of all types of vehicles
There will be a Trade Village
There will be paddock gems, historic icons, racing, karting and oh yeah…
THERE WILL BE CAMPING! (Not included in the tickets, camping is off site)
And much more! :slight_smile:

Get your tickets now, add yourself to the list!

Donington Historic Festival, 3 days plus additional camping!
1 @Yetidragon
2 @JDM_Clare
etc…

1 @Yetidragon
2 @JDM_Clare
3 @philip_westwood
4 @shazda

1 @Yetidragon
2 @JDM_Clare
3 @philip_westwood
4 @shazda
5 @linkheroz

1 @Yetidragon
2 @JDM_Clare
3 @philip_westwood
4 @shazda
5 @linkheroz
6 @T3LLIOTT

1 @Yetidragon
2 @JDM_Clare
3 @philip_westwood
4 @shazda
5 @linkheroz
6 @T3LLIOTT
7 @Lee_Jones

1 @Yetidragon
2 @JDM_Clare
3 @philip_westwood
4 @shazda
5 @linkheroz
6 @T3LLIOTT
7 @Lee_Jones
8 Reechard

I should be fine with this, have one day booked off work. Just need to see if I can get another.

How many of you guys are up for camping? :smiley:

2 Likes

Me me me!

1 Like

Me and shannon will be for sure, and i think a handful of the guys will be aswell.

1 Like

I live 10 miles away so it’s not worth it for me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

advanced weekend tickets are on sale now at a discounted price (buy on the day is £65!!) you can get them via the shop here

Got mine :smiley:

1 Like

Sorry for my incompetence, but does the 3 day ticket include camping for the 3 days as well? I might only make 1 night and 2 days, but it’s definately worth the 3 day ticket at only £30! Plus it gives me the option to go again if I can make it :wink:

1 Like

Ticket is without camping, we’re working on campsites, narrowed down to a couple. Will get posted up later and people can decide…

1 Like

Gotcha! Thought camping was on site for a minute… :sweat_smile:

CAMPING UPDATE

Well we have a couple of options for camping, the first is Donington Park Farm House

ȣ20 per night
» just 1 mile away

The other current option is Kings Mills Park

ȣ10 per night
» 3 miles away
They cater for Download Music Festival so we won’t be much of a shock to them :laughing:

Would be good to get this sorted in the next couple of weeks, there are so many shows to get through in April! What are peoples preferences? We can of course ask for a group discount on the three days camping so pricing may be cheaper depending on numbers… but we need numbers! :smile:

1 Like

I’m up for closer, esp as the closer one has pub / restaurant on site too

1 Like

I’m easy but won’t be able to pay for camping till next month now :frowning: unless it’s pay on arrival.

1 Like

I might camp one night, but just travel back and forth as Donington’s only ~40 minutes away. If you haven’t already seen, the timetable is up - http://www.doningtonhistoric.com/the-races/ :smiley:

1 Like

added into the original post :blush:

If you’re going back and forth, you know you’ll be expected to bring McDs breakfast and coffee back every morning, dont’cha? :smirk:

1 Like