Well, it looks as though my current daily, a crappy Ford Mondeo Mk3 2.2 TDCI Titanium X has finally died! it decided to empty its oil all over the road, the RAC man told me it had blown a hole in the side of the block! (well it hasn’t but I cannot currently find out what has happened), all that said I have very little hope it will live again, so its time to find a new CHEAP daily, i do too many miles to warrant buying an expensive car!!
So what does one look in a daily!! well, I have a list, a list that will never be fulfilled by just one car! but let’s see how many we can squeeze into one car with a max budget of £2000!!
In no particular order
- Fun to drive
- Comfortable to drive (i do a 75-mile daily commute)
- Cheap to live with (tax, repair, fuel (aiming for around 40mpg)
- Capable of towing (last week I bought a tilt bed car transporter trailer! I have family that have vehicles that can tow but would be nice to do it myself (trailer for hire lol)
- Good looking! but I know love is in the eye of the beholder.
- Be useful for tip runs, buying supplies from the various merchants (I’m renovating a house!) so roof rack to big boot
So your challenge, recommend me a car! list a car, and then the numbers you believe it fulfills from the above list! any for sale links, etc would also be appreciated