FOR SALE Textured Finish AKA Wrinkle Rocker Covers

I’ve been doing this for a while now, it started off with a friend, then for a friend and now it’s something I do in spare time.

All covers are OEM, sent away to a local business for chemical strip so there’s a nice clean, grease and debris free surface to work on, then they’re refinished in a wrinkle paint and heat treated to cure. Chemical strip gives a more reliable finish than sandblasting, which can pit the surface as well as hide behind the baffle plates on the inside of the cover, causing problems within the oil system later down the line.

Why Wrinkle?

• Hard wearing
  • Simple, effective
  • Classy OEM finish (Ferrari, Honda)

Any imperfections in the cover are minimised… It’s quick to dry so quicker to post out/ fit and doesn’t require primer or lacquer, keeping time and cost down.

Colours
Standard wrinkle is available in black, red, blue, and grey. It is possible to paint over wrinkle, but takes time to lightly build up the colour with an even coverage, not filling the wrinkle effect.

FAQ

1. Is it long term heat resistant?
  2. how to get the wrinkle tight and even?

Firstly, it is temperature resistant to 350°F (177°C) and resists color fading, grease, degreasers and severe weather conditions. The rocker doesn’t get to that temperature. It is a tough, durable finish, extremely resistant to rust, corrosion, chipping and cracking. And the right textured result is down to prep, application, heat and technique.

Pricing
From £50 (supplying your own)
Bare metal / painted letters +£10

Additional colours outside of the stock range, are totally do-able, PM me!

Postage +£15 or collect from Chesterfield S44

I’m happy to help source covers with a deposit/ payment, or can suggests various breakers if needed. Pricing reflects not only the chemical strip, other prep tools and Products used, but also the time invested in the garage doing it. Please don’t hesitate on negotiations with services and parts :wink:

Any questions below!

Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

What did you do to your car today

Got one I will give you at japfest, not urgent and no idea what I want colour wise lol I’m super helpful

Rofl mega helpful Rich :joy:

I have a red NB8 and a black NB6 both wrinkle ready to post/ bring to a meet. If given enough notice, I can also source gaskets from Euro as well as help fit and exchange.

-£65 each
-£45 exchanged
-£15 posted

Will be taking a couple with me to the National Rally tomorrow :smiley: come find the punks stand and check them out in person :slight_smile:

Just a fresh black mk2 1600 cover left ready to go at £60

Have a few more on the shelf in various fitment but wont be ready until next year now. If you want a cover sourcing, now is a good time to get in touch, ready for the new year. Small deposit may apply. Let me know what you want :slight_smile:

Little “chasing the wrinkle” vid on YouTube :slight_smile:

So I’ve been working on another little rocker project…

Smoothed lettering on the recessed nb6 cover… I have a little blog write up almost finished and some videos coming soon!

https://garagegirl.combustionpunks.co.uk/2017/01/24/side-project-137/

A little How to tell the difference between MK1 and MK2 cam covers…

https://garagegirl.combustionpunks.co.uk/2017/05/29/mx5-which-rockers-which/

Its wet, rainy and miserable outside! And since Im not at the garage, Ive had to makeshift a spare room into a DIY area :sweat_smile:

Fresh back from Chemical Strip, little rub down, key and wash, then this little NA6 cover is destined to be refinished in wrinkle blue… An ideal match on a mariner blue :heart_eyes:
Think @MonkeySpanker was cruel snapping up the last one for his RED Na! :joy:

Follow me on instagram @the.garage.girl :smile:

Couldnt resist… Had to do another blue!!

NA6 ROCKER Cover
For Sale.
Gasket can be sourced if needed, let me know :smiley:

I’ve got one like that :wink:

On a RED car! :roll_eyes::joy:

That’s why I wanted a blue one :smiley::smiley:

☆Mazda MX5 Cam Covers For Sale☆

Freshly chemical stripped and refinished in high temp, durable wrinkle finish.

NA6 BLUE
NB6 BLUE

NA6 ready to paint in either red or black.

£70 each via the forum… limited time.

I’ll be sending you some parts in the near future to have done :grin:

All sold…

More coming soon… like… I’m currently waiting for paint to dry to take photos soon :sweat_smile:

Finished a pair of na6 inlet and cam cover. £120 on the pair for a quick sale!

@JDM_Clare do you take orders?